Sunday, May 17, 2009

punctuate like a vandal

Hello, and welcome! My names daniel , and im from Perth Australia. Ive been meaning to start a blog for a while now, and so this morning - on the 18th of May 2009, having just been woken up from idle dreaming after recieving a call from my dad, i have!

Ive never written a blog of any sort, its kind of hard to get into the writing style of one, im sure it just kind of comes after a while !

I have read blogs for along time - at the moment im reading the blog of an Australian woman named Olive Riley, who has now passed on, but was blogging with the help of her friend at a remarkable age - if i knew how to link, i would write "here", and it would be in a different color to the rest of the text on this page!

I have always liked the honesty behind blogs, by which i mean the honesty in regards to who the blogger is. The sharing of insight gained through experience, the transference accross the world of ideas, philosophies, culture, information - its just so refreshing! I kind of think of blogs almost as a piece of art, i guess a blog is an electronic self portrait. Its incredible to watch lives and projects unfold. In that vein, im hoping for mine to act as a means of a slight record of events, a life and times in a non-melodramatic sense, a personal reference, and a place to for me to post about current projects and photos of artistic misadventure !

I dont know if a bit of context would help the blog along, but i think that in my next post, ill maybe recap some recent events. These are interesting times, and im having a ball!

I'm off now to have a coffee, a ciggarette and a shower, at the same time to save time, and head out. I need to make a visit to the bank, and also want to make a start on a photography project, after being inspired to after browsing some of the flicker photo projects linked to on boing boing.

Please forgive the rampant over use of the comma. I cant help myself!

i tend to punctuate like a vandal - punktuation?

No comments:

Post a Comment